What kind of driver’s license do I need?

by with Comments Off on What kind of driver’s license do I need?
June 23, 2016

You must have a valid driver’s license to rent and drive a vehicle in Japan. if you can present your passport and one of the following valid international driving permits to drive in Japan.

(a) International Driving Permit: An International Driving Permit issued under Convention of Road Traffic of September 19, 1949. (Holders of international driving permits issued in accordance with the Vienna Convention (1968), by the EU, or permits with other formats are not permitted to drive in Japan)

(b) Driver’s license from own country/region and an official Japanese translation: Driver’s license issued in Switzerland, Germany, France, Belgium, Taiwan, Slovenia or Monaco with a Japanese translation provided by a government-authorized organization.

Comments are closed.